Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default TV USB to charge Tablet and GPS

On 01/08/2014 10:31, Mike Barnes wrote:
Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote:
On 01/08/2014 07:33, Mike Barnes wrote:
Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote:
On 31/07/2014 19:48, Mike Barnes wrote:
Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote:
On 31/07/2014 17:39, Mike Barnes wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Mike Barnes wrote:

If only hotels would have one or more mains sockets
with coloured inserts that are powered when the key
card is removed from the slot by the door.

So leave A.N.Other plastic card in the slot, rather than
the keycard.

But I'd actually like everything else to be turned off.

It is not that difficult to switch things off individually

You obviously haven't been the same hotel rooms as I have.
After figuring out how to get everything *just right* I don't
want to have to undo and redo it all every time I go out.

The latest room I stayed in had a Lutron-branded system where
the ten-button keypads (of which there were at least four) with
their tiny legends (thankfully in English) controlled what must
have been a dozen lights, the heating and ventilation, two
pairs of curtains, two window blinds, lifting the telly up and
down, and probably a few more things besides. I didn't want to
go messing with that lot when stumbling back into the room
after a good night out.

That sounds like a very good reason not to use that hotel chain
again.

You don't know anywhere near enough to have a valid opinion on
that...

Indeed?

Indeed.

Exactly how much do I need to know to have an opinion about
whether or not I would want to use an hotel that makes life too
complicated?

That's irrelevant. What's relevant is whether I would want to use it
again, not you.

It is entirely relevant to my having an opinion about the hotel.

You want "exactly"? I know you were talking about me, not you, because
you wrote "use that hotel chain *again*" (my emphasis).

Not at all. I would have to have used the hotel once in order to
discover that it made life so complicated, hence I would not want to use
it again.

The chances of
you ever having used that hotel (not part of a chain, incidentally) are
vanishingly small.

Probably true. I have had a suite with a view over the pyramids and
accommodation for my personal servants, but I really don't like the
suffocating degree of service that comes with that sort of hotel and
have long since decided that I much prefer three or four star hotels.

--
Colin Bignell