Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default MIG Welding Basics

On Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:07:10 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:
"rangerssuck" wrote in message

Snip

And (wouldn't you just know this would come up now) while I've worked on

some amazing cars and bikes (Daytona winning, no less), I haven't turned

wrenches professionally in over 35 years. So, it is ironically quite

possible that I HAVE forgotten more about mechanics than Jon will ever know.

[Ed]

Did you know Ray Walle, who won the Touring class in 1976 in a Mazda, and

then drove the car back home to Princeton, NJ?

--

Ed Huntress

No, the Daytona thing was on Superbikes with Ken Augustine, Steve McLaughlin, Reg Pridmore and Butler & Smith, The BMW importer. Very cool, state of the art stuff back then, but wouldn't hold a candle to the crotch rockets on the showroom floor today. Steve & Reg finished 1st & 2nd in a photo finish.. We had a third bike (and I can't remember the name of the driver) that was actually running faster, but he was hit in the shifter, popped into neutral and blew a rod.

We did, a couple of times, bolt licence plates on these puppies and tear up Rockland County and the Palisades Interstate Parkway. What a blast!

http://goo.gl/Qm8Kn5