Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Andrews[_3_] Peter Andrews[_3_] is offline

Default TV USB to charge Tablet and GPS

On 30/07/2014 18:05, DerbyBorn wrote:
Thinking about our next holiday - as many TVs now have USB Sockets will it
be safe to charge my Samsung Tablet using the TV set (I know it has a USB
Socket) - or do you suggest I play safe and take the charger?

It should be safe enough - but there is no guarantee that the USB socket
will have power when the TV is not in use. I got caught out by thinking
I could use the USB of my netbook, although plugged into the mains and
charging the USB wasn't powered hence one uncharged phone in the morning!!

Peter