Andy Hall

Default (Slightly) unusual kitchen sink "geometry" needed

On 24 Nov 2003 14:21:19 -0800, (Clive Long,UK)
wrote:

Due to a B*lls up on my part, my wondrous new kitchen double-glazing
only partly opens because my mixer tap impedes it. The sink is a
conventional stell single bowl, single drainer with "mono-blok" tap (I
don't know what it is really called). Now I'm happy enough with the
tap and sink, but I know that window non-opening is going to drive me
nuts.

So ..... bright idea.

I need to replace the worksurface, and stainles steel sinks are not
too expensive. Does anyone know of a sink model where the tap fitting
is in the "corner" of the sink bowl rather than "between" the bowl and
drainer. In this way I can get the pipe out of the way of the window
opening (well pretty much). Unfortunately the mono-bloc tap will have
to go as one of the tap heads will be in the wrong place to easily
use. So I would replace trusty "mono-bloc" tap with one of these
ponsey all-in-one heat/flow controller lever operated taps. Is there
any "pre-formed" sink remotely like this?

Have a look at Franke -
www.franke.co.uk

They have a wide range of sinks and taps in a range of prices.

The only other solution I thought of is a corion work surface with
"under-sinks" and the taps "recessed" into the worksurface - but that
would look too "now" for my rather "then" kitchen.

You don't want Corian unless you plan to turn your kitchen into a fast
food outlet.

Other bright ideas or warnings?

Thanks

Clive