Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Religion of peace

On 29/07/2014 9:17 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:07:18 -0700, Trevor Wilson
wrote:

On 29/07/2014 8:53 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:45:53 -0700, Trevor Wilson
wrote:

...snip...

**As I correctly stated, you have nothing (but mindless insults).

You really should try critical thinking for a change. It is most
enlightening.

I will re-state: Religion needs to be expunged from this planet and
substituted with decent education.

Your choice of words is EXCELLENT. Scripture even clearly states that
God is only happy with two 'churches' So, you're right up there WITH God
who wants to expunge religions [traditions of man] and replace with
'decent education', ...teaching the TRUE Word of God.

**There is no evidence of any supernatural objects, or creatures.
Therefore, there is no evidence that this "God" you speak of ever
existed. Given the complete lack of evidence to back the claim that a
"God" exists and that such a creature and it's alleged actions violate
the fundamental laws which govern this universe, it is perfectly
reasonable and logical to dispense with the notion that such a
creature exists.

I understand what you are saying, but to me, your statement is more
proof than 'disproof'. But is ok. You have your beliefs, which are
yours, and I have mine, which entails a full time job looking after my
OWN soul.

**I am not expressing "my beliefs". I am stating fact. Your "soul", as
you put it, is merely a mix of the chemical/electical signals within
your brain. Your identity (as I prefer to call it) is down to the
incredibly complex nature of your cerebral cortex. This section of your
brain consists of around 200 billion neurons and more than 100 trillion
synapses. The result is that no two humans think the same. We are
unique. You may refer to that as a "soul", but I feel that has
connotations which suggest some kind of link to a supernatural origin.
That, of course, defies logic and reason and, thus, may by summarily
dismissed.

However, encouraging from your words, you have no ill will towards me
for my beliefs, as I have none towards you. And now we don't have to try
and convince each other, right?

**Certainly. My grumble is with those who claim that their religion is,
somehow, better than someone else's religion. From my perspective, I
liken it to a couple of ants fighting over a crumb from my sandwich.
It's uttely banal. ALL religions are bunk and represent nothing more
than delusional thinking.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au