Reyd Dorakeen

Default looking for a lathe

I've already done enough hand carving(my hands will never be the same)
greenwoodworking sounds interesting, want to send a link on that?(i have the
tools for that apparently)and its something I could do until i have enough
for a lathe to work on at home, instead of just for 2 hours a day.

Reyd Dorakeen wrote in message
I'm still trying to find an affordable lathe, the jet ones look great, but
too much for me to be able to pay for. are there any(like the harbor
Freight one that somebody was talking about, that are under 200$US, that
would do a decent job for a while?
thanks

As already mentioned, the Jet mini lathe can be purchased from Amazon
and others for $199. Add a set of Harbor Freight HSS Chinese tools,
#47066, for $29.99. And a $50 bowl gouge. And a Woodcraft 8 inch
slow speed grinder, $90, if you don't already have a grinder. And you
are set.

No its not free or real cheap. It is a hobby so it costs to get
involved. If you object to paying this much, then acquire a knife, a
stone, and a strop, and be a whittling carver. Minimal tool cost to
begin whittling. Or take up rustic furniture making using twigs and
sticks to build chairs. Or green woodworking where almost everything
is done with a drawknife, spokeshave, and brace.