georgetroy

Default looking for a lathe

"speedbuggy" wrote in message igy.com...
If you are interested in a smaller lathe the jet mini/midi can be had for
$199 U.S. and in the future you could add the bed extension. I would stray
away from lathes and other tools with oddball size stuff on them, you can
never buy any NICE after market stuff for them.

"Reyd Dorakeen" wrote in message
I'm still trying to find an affordable lathe, the jet ones look great, but
too much for me to be able to pay for. are there any(like the harbor
Freight one that somebody was talking about, that are under 200$US, that
would do a decent job for a while?
thanks

Look no further than the Nova DVR. 16" swing. High quality,
expandible, 1 1/4" x 8 thread. Easy to find parts. Factory support.
Computer varible speed from 250-3000. Swivel Head, outrigger
available. Buy once for around $1700. Don't waste your money on China
iron. Here's a support group.
http://groups.msn.com/NovaOwners