Harry B. Pye

Default looking for a lathe

I might cave in and take some classes, and I never take classes for
anything. I'm no longer convinced I can figure this out just from reading
books. It's like learning how to dance the macarena by following numbered
footsteps on the floor. The footsteps just don't tell the story by
themselves.

Don't look at taking lessons as 'caving in.' Getting a few hours instruction
from someone who knows how to turn and how to teach will save you from
making many frustrating and possibly harmful mistakes. You don't get
anything tangible from the lessons as you would if you bought some tools but
it should increase the pleasure you realize from turning. Remember, all the
touring golf professionals have and use an instructor.

Hope this helps,

Harry