Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

Ignoramus12347 fired this volley in
news
The copper bars you see sticking out, are 2 inch wide.

You didn't show me anything in those pictures that I didn't already
surmise from the first one you showed us.

You're just not getting it. You don't need to insert the saw blade
'between' anything. Just cut off the parts of the coils that are
sticking out past the iron of the core. You might even get away with
only doing one side.

Use an axe, if that's what you have; circular saw; sawzall; copper-hungry
rats... anything that will cut off the exposed parts of the coils.

Lloyd