Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

. 3.70...
"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in
:

Unlike a power transformer they can't by design put out much
current.
The HF yellow bug swatter for example charges the screen up to
700V

but the inverter in mine can deliver only 7 milliAmps continuously
into a short circuit such as an ammeter.

Heh! What's NOT fatal to a human ain't necessarily not fatal to a
friggin' mud dauber! I keep one of those near the front door, which
always seems to attract wasps. Whenever someone comes or goes
through
that door in the summer, there's about a 20% chance a wasp will come
in.

The HF Swatter gits 'em every time.

Except, I have to say, if you ONLY shock a wasp with one, it seldom
kills
them; at least not right away. They seem to be able to recover from
enormous damage -- even arcs.

Lloyd

They seem to have some capacitance to provide a brief higher-current
ZAP. When a neighbor saw mine he laughed and told me that a buddy was
showing off at camp with one and swatted himself on the bare hairy
chest, knocking himself flat.