Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Load for a 5amp wall socket

On 27/07/14 21:24, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Brian Gaff" writes:
As I say, I'm just a bit worried about outdoor lighting being fed from a non
fused outlet.

It will *probably* be fused at 5A or 6A if connected to the lighting
circuit, although it could be much higher. (I can't remember what
the fusing limit is for a BS546 5A socket - a BS546 2A socket can
be on a circuit fused at up to 10A, which is the common lighting
circuit protection in commercial premises.)

My 5A light plugs are on 16A lighting rings

This the electrician assured me, is common practice, as the 16A suits
the wiring.