Mark Jerde

Default looking for a lathe

I've never turned but am interested in it. What do I need to order, if you
don't mind? Lathe, stand, chuck, chisels. (I have a scary-sharp setup.)

Thanks.

-- Mark

Grandpa wrote:
The Harbor Freight 36066 can be had when on sale for $69-$79US. Not
the best lathe for sure but darned good to learn on for a small
investment. It does not include a stand, available for extra $$$.
Odd sized
threads for a chuck too but they are available thru HF for a nominal
amount.

Reyd Dorakeen wrote:

I'm still trying to find an affordable lathe, the jet ones look
great, but too much for me to be able to pay for. are there
any(like the harbor Freight one that somebody was talking about,
that are under 200$US, that would do a decent job for a while?
thanks