Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

amdx fired this volley in news:lr3lb2$o0j$1@dont-
email.me:

No I haven't cracked the NEC manual, but if I didn't understand
something, I certainly would.

I used to know someone who pretended to be a hospital chief electrician.
He WAS an electrician, no doubt about that -- knew all the mechanicals,
and most of the rules; and he was the 'boss'. So... I guess he was the
hospital's 'chief' electrician, in title.

But when asked about a particular method that was suspect, he'd _always_
chirp, "It's in the NEC!", and tell you to mind your own business.

Many times, he was wrong (not merely wrong, but patently unsafe), and his
one-and-only copy of the full set had gathered dust so long anyone who
came into his office could tell they'd never been opened. He couldn't
cite much of anything, except that 110V outlets had to be Orange, in "his
books".

And that was someone who actually had an active subscription to the NEC.
We know that's not the case with the arguer here.

'Still waiting for any cite from any authority that says high voltage
from line service is safer than lower voltage. We ain't talkin' about
Tesla Coils, here.

LLoyd