Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Load for a 5amp wall socket

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 23:54:32 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

5A round pin sockets are an ancient design, but they weren't normally
run via a light switch in times past.

The youth of today have only ever seen 13 A and ring mains. B-)

The house I was born and brought up in had one 15 A round pin and a
(possibly two) 5 A round pin sockets per room and a central lighting
pendant. On radials.

Nowadays its standard practice, albeit not very popular, to put 5A skts
on lighting circuits.

It's not common so I wouldn't be surprised if people swap the 5 A
round pin to 13 A socket so it can be "more useful". Leaving the wall
switch on and not caring about which circuit it is on...

But that would not be unsafe,

--
Adam