Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default I need help with fixing a Tektronix 2245A oscilloscope (long)

On 7/25/2014 4:13 PM, Baron wrote:
Chris B. prodded the keyboard

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:16:16 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Hi Chris,
That is a capacitor and should read O/C on an ohmeter. Lift one end
and re-check. You might find it's OK. In circuit measurements are
not always reliable !

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about it last night and I
figured it has to be C1006 leaking or shorted to ground. I just
took one end off and checked it - 120 ohms DCR.

Its dead ! Bin it.

I also notice it's slightly charred in one spot. So I will replace
it (and I will probably replace C1005 at the same time. My next
question is what to buy to replace it. It's listed as:

CAP, FXD, CER DI : 0.022 uf 20% 50V

Does that mean ceramic disc? I hope I can find one in that style
locally.

Its not a critical component. 0.022 uf is a common value and 50Vw is
typical. Try RS components or Element 14, Mouser there's lots to go
at.

Remember for your troubleshooting pleasure, you have two identical
channels, makes it easy to compare known good to the defective one.
Mikek

---