Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default new motherboard

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
On 7/25/2014 4:44 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:30:57 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
wrote:
SNIP

None of this addresses modern motherboards

Snag

You will have to define what 'modern' is and what 'motherboards' you
expect.

I have a modern extensive motherboard in my PC. While it is only a
64 bit machine, I hope for a bigger one someday but this might be my
last.

Motherboards are designed almost entirely in the R.O.C.

A DDR3 motherboard is modern.
An i7 six core cpu running over 3.6 GHz isn't old.

Alienware

Martin

I've worked with corporate intranets that tolerated computers as old
as Win 98SE, kept to run irreplaceable old custom software, by not
allowing them access to the external Internet. Even if they aren't
networked it's easy to store and transfer files on a 2TB portable
drive.

I backup the 2TB WD Passport Ultra onto a pair of AC-powered 2TB
drives. All three can run simultaneously on a USB3 ExpressCard in my
old laptop.
-jsw