Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default I need help with fixing a Tektronix 2245A oscilloscope (long)

Chris B. prodded the keyboard

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:16:16 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Hi Chris,
That is a capacitor and should read O/C on an ohmeter. Lift one end
and re-check. You might find it's OK. In circuit measurements are
not always reliable !

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about it last night and I
figured it has to be C1006 leaking or shorted to ground. I just
took one end off and checked it - 120 ohms DCR.

Its dead ! Bin it.

I also notice it's slightly charred in one spot. So I will replace
it (and I will probably replace C1005 at the same time. My next
question is what to buy to replace it. It's listed as:

CAP, FXD, CER DI : 0.022 uf 20% 50V

Does that mean ceramic disc? I hope I can find one in that style
locally.

Its not a critical component. 0.022 uf is a common value and 50Vw is
typical. Try RS components or Element 14, Mouser there's lots to go
at.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.