View Single Post
  #14   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster

Default Damned ink cartridges

On Friday, July 18, 2014 4:49:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
... it would be nice if at least I could count on the new black cartridge to still be alive when I next try to use it. I realize that these damned things are going to dry up eventually but is there anything that can be done perhaps in the way of storing the working used cartridges to prevent this, or at least prolong the inevitable? Thanks, Lenny

I feel your pain.

From time to time, Walgreens puts on sale a Canon printer for $19.99. This ad is from 2012, but keep an eye out for the sale flyer.

http://slickdeals.net/f/4940766-cano...nline-shipping

For that price, you get a starter cartridge too. I don't know if it will last for 150 sheets, but my experience with inkjet cartridges just about has me at the point that I'd consider buying the $20 printer and throwing it away after my print job rather than buying replacement cartridges.

The last cartridge I bought was for a Canon Pixma something. The cartridge was a Canon Number 40 or 41; not sure. It was supposed to hold up for 500 pages. I didn't get 80 out of it. It leaked too. Brand name cartridge, not no name.

Laser is better.