Default Nova 3000 lathe

I went through two different Leeson motors on my old Nova 3000 and the
previous owner also went through one before returning it to the place of
purchase..My belief is the breakage occurs as a result of the motor wobbling
at the mounting point to the lathe head..The wobbling is miniscule and is
exagerated by the long overhang of the Leeson dc motors...I later mounted a
Baldor ac motor to this same lathe and used it a year with no problem other
than having to forgo the niceties of reverse and variable speed...the dvr is
night and day difference from the 3000,,Good luck on whatever you
decide,Rick
"Larry Dryden" wrote in message
I am considering buying the Nova 3000 lathe. Has anyone any experience

with
the 1 1/2 HP Leeson DC motor and variable speed control. I have heard

that
there is problems with the shaft on the motor breaking under low torques.
Thanx in advance for your help.