buckaroo

Default successfully sharpened gouge

So Dave.... How did you do it, for us still trying....

"David Walthall" wrote in message
I know, a lot of people have sharped gouges before. I, in fact, have
done so many times in the past. The joy of this one was that I
managed to sharpen it in one pass, perfectly, without a jig. I used
one smooth motion and ended up with gleaming metal across the entire
bevel of the gouge, one facet. As I looked at it, I wished that I
still had access to the Tormek that my old woodshop class had, and
thought of taking a picture. In the end, I admired it for a second
and went back to the lathe. It didn't cut any better than my
multi-faceted sharpenings did.

David