Default Harbor Freight Lathe

Silvan wrote:
wrote:
starters, it is necessary to start out cheap. The other lathes in this
price range are mini's and that gets old really quickly. If you want

I sure hope not. If I outgrow my mini, I have to build a new shop.

I got the Grizzly mini and the HF 14X40 to cover the different types of
turning that I do. I don't see one lathe as being the be-all and
end-all of tools unless you want to spend a truly amazing amount of
money and dedicate a lot of space. As for the Crapsman router, I think
we all made that mistake. My wife is a DoD sysgod and uses our
back-room for her crafts so the downstairs is spoken for. that leaves
me in the backyard. The Grizzly fits on a Workmate when I want to use
it ande the HF is bolted to a stack of pallettes, which are bolted
together - heavy and steady. It ain't elegant, but it works.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: