Default Harbor Freight Lathe

Silvan wrote:
Leo Lichtman wrote:
follow-up. After buying a very inexpensive lathe, it is very tempting to
buy the $9.95 set of gouges, and the $20 chuck.

I never let that thought coalesce before, but you're onto something. Can't
put a $100 saw blade on a $50 saw... It just doesn't seem natural.

If you go back and check, you'll see that I recommended the $40 set of
turning tools. The $10 set is a bit flimsy, and while $40 is the cost
of 1/2 a real tool, it gives you a better starter set. I picked that
lathe because it would have to be OUTSIDE year-round, I wouldn't want to
do that with a more expensive lathe. BTW, did you look at the mortar
and pestle?
Dave in fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work