Silvan

Default Harbor Freight Lathe

Leo Lichtman wrote:

follow-up. After buying a very inexpensive lathe, it is very tempting to
buy the $9.95 set of gouges, and the $20 chuck.

I never let that thought coalesce before, but you're onto something. Can't
put a $100 saw blade on a $50 saw... It just doesn't seem natural.

I got one thing right though. I have a respectable lathe waiting under the
tree. Too bad I have a $9.95 set of gouges to go with it.

(I figure I will learn how to sharpen the $9.95 gouges before I ruin good
tools with clueless grinding.)

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/