Default Drilling tiles?

In uk.d-i-y, ANt wrote:
I bought a Carbide tipped tile drill bit (Triangular little thing)
after breaking all my other bits on my bathroom tiles. With the
Carbide bit, it still took all my weight and a lot of sweet, some
blood and continuous drilling (800W Bosch Hammer / twin speed bla bla)
for 15 mins to put 1 hole through 1 tile. ......

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ? These are some imported tiles from
Italy with a reactive glaze..they're a sort of natural shape /
square'ish...got through the glaze no problem, it was the actual tile
that hurt.

The carbide-tipped tile bit is what you should have used, with *no* hammer
action, *only* to break through the glaze. Then you should have swapped
to a nice fresh "ordinary" masonry bit to drill through the body of the
tile - me, I'd still not use the hammer action. Drilling revs relatively
low.

It may well be that using the hammer action (if that's what you did) and
pushing the carbide bit through the main body has dulled the tile drill
beyond any use - sorry.

That's my tup'th... HTH, Stefek