Randy Rhine

Default Bandsaw recommendation

Oh...and...no...I haven't noticed a buildup when cutting green wood.

rr

Owen Lowe wrote:

In article eWuDb.553368$HS4.4219529@attbi_s01,
Randy Rhine wrote:

I have a Jet 18". At first I wasn't really happy with it and REALLY
wished I'd have spent twice as much for a Laguna. But after a few months
of frustration I spent a few hours tuning it up. Now I'm a happier with
it and only sorta wish I had a Laguna. But...for sawing out blanks &
such, the Jet does a good job and cash that would've gone to Laguna is
better spend on chucks & turning tools.

I'm not sure how well it would work doing precision resawing...never
done any.

Hi Randy. Does your Jet have roller guides or blocks? If rollers any
problems with buildup cutting green wood?

See you Thursday? (There is a Cascade meeting Thurs., yes?)

_____
American Association of Woodturners
Cascade Woodturners Assoc., Portland, Oregon
Northwest Woodturners, Tigard, Oregon
_____