Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Damned ink cartridges

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 13:34:01 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

"The HP100 is a portable inkjet printer, not a laser printer. Try

again on the model number. "

Oops, an 1100+.

Ghastly laser printer. The 1000 through 1300(?) series were probably
the second worst printer that HP ever made[1]. Paper jams are
epidemic. HP even issued a rather useless paper jam kit to somewhat
fix the paper jams without tearing the printer apart. They're still
quite common on eBay:
www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkw=laserjet+1100+paper+jam+kit
Never mind cleaning the 1100. You'll need to tear it apart and
replace the parts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T2xE6ZjCUg (8:67)
I have several LaserJunk 1000 printers if you want spares.

Damn eyes, one of these days I am just going to pluck them out
and be done with it lol. (truthfuly it is also part laziness,
but really, who wants to spend a half hour on every post ?)

I just experienced a minor miracle with my eyes. I've had to deal
with astigmatism for the last 30+ years. I needed prescription
glasses for driving and distance viewing. Recently, I was having
problems focusing while wearing the glasses. I suffered along,
waiting for a suitable time to get a new prescription, when I decided
to try driving without the glasses. Bingo... almost perfect distance
focus.

The blood vessels in the eyes are not symmetrically distributed. With
high blood pressure, these uneven blood vessels cause the eye to
change shape, causing astigmatism. In 2001, I started on blood
pressure lowering drugs, which reduced the pressure on the eye, which
changed back to its original shape. Unfortunately, it does nothing
for hardening of the lens, so I still need reading and computah
glasses.

[1] The Laserjet 1160, 1320, p2015 etc series are probably the worst.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558