Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Damned ink cartridges

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014, wrote:

If you're not going to pony up the bucks for a LASER, maybe you should
take those big print jobs to a Kinkos or whatever they have in your
area. With 150 pages, even at ten cents each that's fiften bucks. but it
IS LASER printed so the ink is not water soluble.

At this point I wondder just how much ink you would use in an inkjet to
print 150 paages. Of course it varies but if those cartridges are say
$25 and you use up half the thing printing your document, it seems worth
it to go to a copy center. LASER is alot cheaper, maybe next time you
want to buy another printer, or cartridge, just buy the Woman toner for
her LASER.

I paid somewhere around fifty dollars for refilled cartridge for my HP 4P.
It printed some thousands of pages, I can't remmber what. It's a bother
to have to get a new one, but once you've got it, it keeps on ticking.

I used one up pretty fast a decade ago, but I was printing a lot of
things, rather than going elsewhere to print repetitive pages. The second
one then was a couple of years later, but it's still working at least 8
years later. Obviously I'm not printing as much, but if I needed a 150
pages, I wouldn't be fussing about cost. It probably is cheaper, and if
not, the slight savings going to some copy place is offset by having to go
to that copy place.

Michael