Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pat[_9_] Pat[_9_] is offline

Default How to determine the frame rate of a pc?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 18:29:56 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

On 19/07/2014 16:35, William Sommerwerck wrote:
"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

I had tried dropping back to 16 bit colour but the same "1 bit"
saturation effect on a test colour bar image. I also had another
rummage around for video settings but could only find display
settings of a x b and no Hz info.

There /has/ to be a "screen refresh rate" setting somewhere. The rate
has to be within the range a monitor can handle. This is particularly
true for CRT displays, which can be damaged by an excessively high rate.

I right-clicked the Windows 7 desktop, and selected "Screen Resolution".
On that screen, I clicked "Advanced settings". On the "Monitor" tab, you
can select the screen refresh rate.

Win7 is ok,ignore previous, the problem is with XP , happens to be Pro
version, not showing the Hz settings.

XP shows the Hz setting, too. On the screen resolutions page, click
the advanced link and then select the monitor tab. It looks different
than 7, but it is there.