George

Default Bandsaw recommendation

Ceramics are available for the Delta and Jet variety 14" saws. Got 'em on
mine. They're as slick or slicker than the graphite coolblocks without the
tendency to wear quickly away from cutting circle after circle.

They don't clog, but there's a danger there as well. They're so
trouble-free you can forget to clean and lube your lower thrust bearing, a
job I used to do each time I resquared my cool blocks.

"Sanaka" wrote in message
om...
Interesting the Carters clog up w/ green wood - I'm sure the
Euros would be at least as bad. Block guides actually are very
effective, the only 'complaint' being the friction with the blade -
probably more an idealogical than real problem, especially with what
you describe where blocks would keep the blade wiped clean :-) The
Laguna guides are kind of a high tech block guide using a high heat
aerospace ceramic for the blocks.