Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Damned ink cartridges

If you're not going to pony up the bucks for a LASER, maybe you should take those big print jobs to a Kinkos or whatever they have in your area. With 150 pages, even at ten cents each that's fiften bucks. but it IS LASER printed so the ink is not water soluble.

At this point I wondder just how much ink you would use in an inkjet to print 150 paages. Of course it varies but if those cartridges are say $25 and you use up half the thing printing your document, it seems worth it to go to a copy center. LASER is alot cheaper, maybe next time you want to buy another printer, or cartridge, just buy the Woman toner for her LASER.

Another thing, I have an HP 100+ which was a great workhorse until it developed some problems. It did not have the fault with the paper where it grabs five sheets at a time. They are probably about forty bucks on eBay if they have alot of toner in them. I never even though of toner in mine. Also, that model does not indicate toner level. No chips in the cartridge or anything as far as I know. So you just drill a hole in it and pour in some Xerox copier toner and run it for another ten years.