Owen Lowe

Default Bandsaw recommendation

In article ,
(Sanaka) wrote:

Just whatever you buy, if it has Euro guides, factor in the cost of
new guides. Carter guides are around $150, and 'Laguna guides,' their
new style ceramic ones, are like $220.

I'm not sure what the Euro guides are, but I have the Carter's on my
Delta 14" - and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who does a majority
of green wood cutting. The outer surface of the bearings load up with
damp sawdust and sap creating a loud and bumpy cutting experience. I
frequently have to stop the saw in order to scrape the gunk off each
bearing because it gets so bad. In hindsight I wish I had gone with the
standard block guides.

_____
American Association of Woodturners
Cascade Woodturners Assoc., Portland, Oregon
Northwest Woodturners, Tigard, Oregon
_____