Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Damned ink cartridges

wrote:

So now I have to put the printer away again for only God knows how long
and it would be nice if at least I could count on the new black cartridge
to still be alive when I next try to use it.

Almost impossible. Just get yourself a used HP laser jet on eBay. They
can sit for years and still work, although that can damage the
photoconductor. It can stick to the wiper blades, etc. I'm still
running an HP LaserJet 5M, that has to be 15 years old. No fooling with
cartridges, dripping ink, wasting a quarter of a cartridge every time you
turn it on, etc. etc.

Jon