Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default All 100 candles lit!

On Friday, July 18, 2014 10:31:44 AM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:16:15 -0400, Randy333

wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 10:01:12 -0700, Gunner Asch

wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 09:21:00 -0400, Randy333

wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 06:03:37 -0700, Larry Jaques

wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 20:35:42 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Heh! I did a backyard display tonight with a bunch of effects, but the key

one was a 1000-shot Roman Candle barrage. It's a big job to quickmatch

that many candles so they all ignite, and even more of one to time their

ignition so the display starts 'slow' and grows in intensity. All 100

candles lit, and in proper succession! Yay! I can still 'match' tubes!

I miss the handheld roman candles of old. We used to shoot them out

over the lake, standing on the shore of the base lake on LRAFB when I

was a kid. The water moccasins didn't like the show, so they stayed

well away from us those nights. Kudos on your timing of the show.

Once a pro, always a pro.

It's been four years since I was a lead-shooter on a show. 'Been busy

making machines to make the fireworks, instead of shooting them. Nice to

know it still works.

Congrats.

I stayed home and tried to go to bed early, but the farking dog next

door was going bat**** crazy all night. It took me an hour and

fifteen minutes before there was a lull in the crackers and the dog

shut up long enough for me to get to sleep. Of course, the asshole

neighbors didn't lock their dog up in the house or garage before

leaving for the weekend. I banged on the side of their house for ten

minutes to no avail. Ear plugs helped, but not enough to get to

sleep.

My Golden Retriever would go nuts with fireworks or thunder. ( no

barking, just panting and shaking) I took her to the vet for a

check-up on Wednesday and got some doggie Zanax for her, also picked

up an ace bandage to wrap her with for thunder storms. Never got to

use any of it. She passed away thursday night. Eyes are all watery

just writing this. she was only 9, way too soon to lose her. Vet at

the animal ER thinks it might have been a stroke or brain tumor.

She's not afraid any more.

Remove 333 to reply.

Randy

Sorry ..way sorry to hear that. We have a manageri here with at least

13 dogs between all 3 families that share this place.

Ive got Grandma dog that wont be long for this world and a brand new

puppy..the sole survivor of a litter of 8 to a new rescue we took in.

Its definately tough for you. Now..start looking for another Golden

pup and raise it in rememberance of the one who just passed.

You have had years with a dog in your life, sharing the good and the

bad....dont stop now. There is a puppy out there looking for someone

just like you.

Gunner

I do have another dog in the house, supposed to be my wife's but I

think the dog likes me better. "Trouble" is not afraid of anything,

she's a Cock-a-poo/Beagle mix with what has to be some trerrier or

schnauzer in there too.

Just going to stay a one dog house for awhile.

You and the CP/B really need another dog. She for the times you are

not around.

I lost my Sandy a few months ago in a stupid stupid accident..and Ive

already "replaced" her. Replacement is the wrong word..utterly wrong.

Hummm....Ive gotten another dog to try to see if she can fill Sandys

footsteps.

Sandy will be waiting for me when I cross over in 50 or so years. She

always was a patient girl.

We currently have 13 dogs between 3 families here

Gunner

Remove 333 to reply.

Randy

---

"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.

We're in a great place, just at a bad time."

How soon before another dog dies in Mark Wieber's "care"?