Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Bull**** detector: claimed welding experience

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I have been assuming that we just copied places like the UK but it
seem we are ahead and copy world best practice instead of the old

Yet you don't know if or how it's "better"?

It must be if its specified for some work.

Which would infer the UK is full of leaks caused by soft solder failure on
copper pipes. It's not.

Only one I've seen which failed (having been properly made) was caused by
a pipe freezing and forcing the joint apart. Rather easier to fix than a
much stronger joint which could have caused the pipe to split.

Some of the Oz regs make the EU seem like anarchy.

In a few trades , but we just ignore them all, hardware shops and some
supermarkets sell all the materials for all those trades to the general
public.

I have never had any trade do any of my work (I have a plumber son but I
still do my own plumbing, he is handy to dig holes with the excavator if
I need them, I do not use mechanics for bike or car I don't use panel
beaters or spray painters except if someone elses insurances does it I
fix my own electronics tv etc.If I want a long trailer I make it(showed
a pic a while back)