Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pat[_9_] Pat[_9_] is offline

Default How to determine the frame rate of a pc?

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 14:57:37 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

On 17/07/2014 13:29, Pat wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 12:01:32 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Feeding to an external monitor with 1600x1200, the image is locked but
feeding a colour bar test signal in, its as though the colour saturation
is just one bit.
Left side white to mid of the RGB colour bands are saturated full on RGB
colour and to the right of centre all are black.
Setting the pc to 1280x1024 and 1024x768 the image is fine. External
monitor is capable of 1600x1200 , 60Hz , 60Hz only .
Win7 and XP machines seem to only show the resolution in display
properties as 1600x1200 , not the frame rate, how to check if its 60 or
something else

Go to "advanced settings" on the page that lists the resolutions.

I found that Hz info on the win7 machine that has lower resolutions but
not the XP one which has the 1600x1200 output

I just powered up my old XP notebook. On the video settings page, I
chose "advanced", then clicked on the "monitor" tab. It shows the
refresh setting (60 Hz in my case).