Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wi-Fi range extender.

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:55:19 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

And, if your neighbours use wifi, then you might find difficulty
finding any free channels.

My phone is showing 19 Wi-Fi access points here - and it's an old phone
and not particularly sensitive.

if I turn off our AP there won't be any other APs visible. B-)

I'd run network cables everywhere.

Given how many TVs etc now have a network connection, that starts
getting very complicated.

It's the TV's that may well cause a problem with WiFi when they are
streaming/buffering something as fast as your 'net connection will
allow. Bit of email and web browsing isn't a great user of bandwidth.

--
Cheers
Dave.