Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 12 cu ft frost free fridge not cooling properly

On 7/17/2014 7:45 AM, Steve Stone wrote:
In my area appliance repair folks charge $100 just to walk in the front
door and tell you it is broken. The actual repair and parts are extra.
At that cost most people just buy a new appliance which now a days seem
to last no more than 5 years.

I do remember a couple years ago, I looked at a friend's
upright freezer. The last repair guy put a thermometer in
it and told em to "keep an eye on it". I found it low on
refrigerant, and juiced it up for them.

What a shame, appliances don't last very long.

--
..
Christopher A. Young