Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default A tale of a cheapo ink cartridge ...

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 13:21:46 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

OK. Did a quick measure on the bad cartridge, and it goes 1.2 ohms 3 to 4,
so that ties in nicely with what you found with your checks, and the
symptoms that it caused my printer :-)
Arfa

Bingo. I measured near infinity on all the pin connections on a known
good cartridges. I'm not a big fan of COB (chip on board)
construction, but I don't think that was the problem. COB failures
usually cause opens, not shorts. So, my guess(tm) is either crappy
constuction (adjacent wire bonds shorted), or static damage.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D