Dr. Deb

Default LDD

Joe is not the only one with this problem. Some, not all, my oak bowls have
done the "oval thing." Soaked the nearly fully turned bowl (turned to 1/4
inch) overnight (24 hours) in a 1:1 solution and then finished the next
day. The warping is not extreme, but is enough to seriously detract.

Deb

Leif Thorvaldson wrote:

Hi, Joe: Your experience has been the exception. I would almost venture
bet that you didn't follow "Leif's instructions" to the letter. How about
sending me an email with the exact procedure you used. I generally found
that there were deviations in the procedure resulting in warping or
cracking.

Leif
"golf" wrote in message
Howdy:
I have used the Costco dish detergent as per Leifs instructions.

I turned several cherry bowls, after the appropriate soaking.
Immediately finishing them afterwards. None exhibited cracking.
They all look nicely oval and raised up at the end grain end
Joe