Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
Johny B Good[_2_] Johny B Good[_2_] is offline

Default A tale of a cheapo ink cartridge ...

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 02:06:27 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:01:21 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Yep, that's the style of cartridge, and I think the same as you, two wire
bus plus piezo drive. And yes. Shorted bus was a good one, and certainly
something I wouldn't have suspected right off. Hence why I bothered to
tell
all here ! :-)

Thanks. I learned something new.

Do you still have the bad magenta 02 cartridge? If so, try an
ohmmeter test on the contacts. I'm curious if the cart can be tested.

--
Jeff Liebermann

I do, and I'll see what can be read across the contacts. Since we decided
what the contacts might be, I've had another little think about that, and
have now decided that it's not piezo drive on two of them, because these are
HP cartridges without the heads built in. Straight vanilla ink only. So how
about supply, ground, and two-wire bus ?

That does seem to be the most obvious bus topology (if it's good
enough for USB...).
--
J B Good