Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
Randy Day[_2_] Randy Day[_2_] is offline

Default A tale of a cheapo ink cartridge ...

In article ,
says...

[snip]

Sounds like some form of I2C; you'd have +v(piezo),
gnd, Clock and Data going to all 6.

No piezo on these cartridges, so Vcc, Gnd and I2C ??

Yes.

We can't rule out a proprietary setup, but I2C
is a strong possibility; it's built into a lot
of off-the-shelf microcontrollers, and only
needs 2 external resistors to operate.

We can't assume that the Vcc going to the
cartridges is used as Vcc for the I2C lines;
you'd have to measure the voltages on each
line.

I leave the logistics (of attaching a meter
and/or 'scope probe to a moving print head)
ENTIRELY to you!