Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_15_] SteveB[_15_] is offline

Default Metal advice needed

On 7/8/2014 8:52 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 15:43:49 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

" fired this volley in news:fb0a500f-
:

My philosophy

That may be your philosophy, but that's not the one Steve expressed (not
mine, either. "Do it well, or don't do it at all" is mine). Per Steve,
it's a craft and a diversion from day-to-day. That's a good enough excuse,
by itself, to do a good job.

Lloyd

Hear Hear!!!

And its not..not just for "metal working"

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...602/Ensenada20

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/Oday

Etc etc etc

On the other hand..there is a difference between "Perfect:" and "Good
enough"

One does have to know the difference though

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."

I had a "Sunfish", IIRC, made by AMF. A little spit of a sailboat with
an open cockpit, and up and down keelboard. I had it for the 16 weeks I
lived in Seabrook, TX, and was going to commercial diving school. It
wasn't much of a boat, but even when viewed by sailboaters, it got a lot
of respect for what it was, A BOAT FOR LEARNING HOW TO SAIL. It was
also good for taking girls for a ride, once you learned how to keep it
upright, and make it do what you wanted it to do. And even the spills
were fun after the first one. It was easy to right, and you learned in
one minute if the girl was a keeper. Girls who don't like to get their
hair wet were usually a no go in other ways. Girls who laughed it off
were offered a couple of beers and another ride. Fussy ones were let
off at the dock or left to swim in if we were near a dock.

Know whut uh mean, Vern?

Steve