Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal advice needed

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 10 Jul 2014
13:33:40 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
pyotr filipivich wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell wrote:
The people who never screw up, never do anything. 3

Or they work for the Government, so it doesn't impact their lives
or careers to any great degree.

Show me even one G-E who never screws up!

It isn't the "never screwed up" part which is the problem. It is
the detail that we rarely, if ever, hear of a GovEmp who got fired
because he screwed up.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

It isn't the "never screwed up" part which is the problem. It is
the detail that we rarely, if ever, hear of a GovEmp who got fired
because he screwed up.

Then again, the percentage of private employees that are fired for a
single screw up is likely not all that high, either. Long-term
incompetence often exists there as well as I've observed from nearly 50
years experience.

The VA thingie is going to catch out quite a few, I suspect, having
already started w/ the head guy effectively fired by being pressured to
point of having to resign.

There's at least a reasonable likelihood of some civil and criminal
charges arising out of this mess going forward methinks, as well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell wrote:
The people who never screw up, never do anything. 3

Or they work for the Government, so it doesn't impact their lives
or careers to any great degree.

Show me even one G-E who never screws up!

It isn't the "never screwed up" part which is the problem. It is
the detail that we rarely, if ever, hear of a GovEmp who got fired
because he screwed up.

That's because all the screwups are busy plotting how to blame
someone else.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/8/2014 8:52 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 15:43:49 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

" fired this volley in news:fb0a500f-
:

My philosophy

That may be your philosophy, but that's not the one Steve expressed (not
mine, either. "Do it well, or don't do it at all" is mine). Per Steve,
it's a craft and a diversion from day-to-day. That's a good enough excuse,
by itself, to do a good job.

Lloyd

Hear Hear!!!

And its not..not just for "metal working"

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...602/Ensenada20

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/Oday

Etc etc etc

On the other hand..there is a difference between "Perfect:" and "Good
enough"

One does have to know the difference though

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."

I had a "Sunfish", IIRC, made by AMF. A little spit of a sailboat with
an open cockpit, and up and down keelboard. I had it for the 16 weeks I
lived in Seabrook, TX, and was going to commercial diving school. It
wasn't much of a boat, but even when viewed by sailboaters, it got a lot
of respect for what it was, A BOAT FOR LEARNING HOW TO SAIL. It was
also good for taking girls for a ride, once you learned how to keep it
upright, and make it do what you wanted it to do. And even the spills
were fun after the first one. It was easy to right, and you learned in
one minute if the girl was a keeper. Girls who don't like to get their
hair wet were usually a no go in other ways. Girls who laughed it off
were offered a couple of beers and another ride. Fussy ones were let
off at the dock or left to swim in if we were near a dock.

Know whut uh mean, Vern?

Steve

Advice needed: Oil filter needed for oil furnace? mm Home Repair 7 May 3rd 13 05:43 AM
Little metal box needed GB UK diy 15 October 3rd 08 01:04 PM
Metal Roofing Advice? [email protected] Home Ownership 1 December 19th 05 03:20 PM
Metal Shingles advice [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 18th 05 12:15 AM
Metal Plating Expert Needed [email protected] Metalworking 3 June 18th 05 12:39 AM