Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default A tale of a cheapo ink cartridge ...

"Jabba" wrote in message
ldhosting.com...
Arfa Daily scribbled...

Yep, that's the style of cartridge, and I think the same as you, two wire
bus plus piezo drive. And yes. Shorted bus was a good one, and certainly
something I wouldn't have suspected right off. Hence why I bothered to
tell
all here ! :-)

As you were using cheapo carts, I'm surprised you didn't look at them
first.

Well, hindsight is, as we all know, a wonderful thing. But be honest here,
would you really have immediately thought of a single faulty cartridge out
of an array of 6, to cause the printer to fail to recognise that *any*
cartridges were in place ? Also given the fact that it is never turned off,
was used the day before, and the offending cartridge had been in place for
some weeks ? Jeff L thought that it was an unusual problem that he wouldn't
have thought of, and he repairs printers all the time ... :-)

Arfa