Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default A tale of a cheapo ink cartridge ...

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014, tony sayer wrote:

In article ple.org,
Michael Black scribeth thus
On Mon, 14 Jul 2014, Brian Gaff wrote:

Yes this sort of thing is often never explained. It does explain why some
people find working devices in recycling centres, I'm sure.
Not enough time spent in diagnosis.
Brian

People throw things out for secondary reasons, they got a new one, they
are moving and decide it's not worth moving the old thing, they think they
own that cable box or whatever and no longer want it.

I found a 60gig iPod 2 or 3 years ago, and when I plugged it in, there was
a message about needing to charge the battery. Wait, that was after I
found a cable and plugged it in. But it didn't charge. SOmeone at the
time mentioned needing a higher current source, but I just put the whole
thing aside. Indeed, the same box the iPod was in also had a soldering
iron, so I assumed someone had been planning to change the battery, and
then backed out.

I came across that iPod again last week, tried it with a "usb charging
cube" and it not only charged up, but plays fine, complete with someone's
music collection, some of which actually interests me. So I assumed,
precisely because this was a good find, that there had to be something
wrong with it. I still can't figure out why someone tossed it.

Michael

Never mind that .. did you find and Naked selfies;?...

No, there were no photos or video on it. I did indeed check.

Michael