Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default A tale of a cheapo ink cartridge ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

How easy it would have been for the printer to have just got chucked
in the bin, for what was ultimately a simple problem ...

The problem was simple, but look at the effort to correctly diagnose it.

As is ever the case with our game, William ?? An open circuit resistor is
a 'simple' problem, but might take hours to locate. As it was my own,
and my time is my own, in this case I thought it was worth it ...

No criticism was intended. (I've been through this sort of thing more times
than I care to admit.) Rather, I was trying to draw a contrast between the
simplicity of the problem and the difficulty resolving it.