Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Copper pipe epoxy relining opinions - does anyone have actual experience?

On Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:44:02 PM UTC-4, Lupe Hernandez wrote:
replying to dpb, Lupe Hernandez wrote:

none wrote:

How is filling a failing piece of pipe w/ some crap and hoping it

doesn't develop a leak at the equivalent cost "better" or even "minimum"

cost? Simple answer is -- it isn't either.

I'll again note the length of the warranty on the epoxy coating is less

than half the age of the system you have now--that tell you anything?

Third-party evaluations I found indicated replacement cost _including_

the interior repair were equivalent to the lining process cost as well.

Still seems a no-brainer to me...imo you're asking for the magic bullet

and equivalent of the free lunch and there just ain't no such thing...

So to be fair about warranties a copper repipe is guaranteed for 1 year

dura flow 10 years.

I have welded galvanized pipe getting pinhole leaks a friend had his house

done with the dura flow

5 years ago and is pleased with the result. I am on the fence there is a 5

month waiting list for

E pipe jobs around here lots of folks are getting it in a few years good

feedback should be available

DO NOT COAT GALVANIZED PIPES! You cant

Since the insides of galvanized pipe are nearly always filled with rust To the point it restricts water flow greatly.....

Now repiping copper is a lot of work but because of freezing weather I redid a bunch of split copper lines for a realtive. Quick easy and cheap Although I want to buy one of those expander tools for PEX. This will cut the costs of fittings dramatically