Posted to alt.home.repair
Lupe Hernandez Lupe Hernandez is offline

Default Copper pipe epoxy relining opinions - does anyone have actual experience?

replying to dpb, Lupe Hernandez wrote:
none wrote:

How is filling a failing piece of pipe w/ some crap and hoping it
doesn't develop a leak at the equivalent cost "better" or even "minimum"
cost? Simple answer is -- it isn't either.
I'll again note the length of the warranty on the epoxy coating is less
than half the age of the system you have now--that tell you anything?
Third-party evaluations I found indicated replacement cost _including_
the interior repair were equivalent to the lining process cost as well.
Still seems a no-brainer to me...imo you're asking for the magic bullet
and equivalent of the free lunch and there just ain't no such thing...

So to be fair about warranties a copper repipe is guaranteed for 1 year
dura flow 10 years.

I have welded galvanized pipe getting pinhole leaks a friend had his house
done with the dura flow

5 years ago and is pleased with the result. I am on the fence there is a 5
month waiting list for

E pipe jobs around here lots of folks are getting it in a few years good
feedback should be available