Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Metal advice needed

It isn't the "never screwed up" part which is the problem. It is
the detail that we rarely, if ever, hear of a GovEmp who got fired
because he screwed up.

Then again, the percentage of private employees that are fired for a
single screw up is likely not all that high, either. Long-term
incompetence often exists there as well as I've observed from nearly 50
years experience.

The VA thingie is going to catch out quite a few, I suspect, having
already started w/ the head guy effectively fired by being pressured to
point of having to resign.

There's at least a reasonable likelihood of some civil and criminal
charges arising out of this mess going forward methinks, as well.