Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default coax grounding

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:46:07 -0700, Paul Drahn
wrote:

On 7/10/2014 9:14 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

tsk,tsk,tsk

Anyway, I never had any problems out of the system. Years ago I had a
ground rod at the tower and had nothing but problems with lightening
strikes.

As opposed to a darkening strike? Those are even worse!

http://www.solacity.com/grounding.htm

The reason you had trouble with the tower-only ground is you created a
nice current loop between that ground rod and the house electrical
ground. The coax and equipment connected to it completed the loop.

The web site is very interesting, but needs a little editing. I got as
far as the thin copper strap being 2.5 inches in diameter and decided
the BS must be leaking through!

g I wonder if he meant "wide" instead of "diameter".

All ground rods need to be connected together and to the house ground at
the electrical power entry.

If my recollector recollects correctly, according to most people's
reading of the NEC, there shall be only one ground for the home, By
Crom!

--
Liberalism is a pathology.